From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reconnecting to another host on failure but before session expires...
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 17:20:43 GMT
There's also been interest in having a "chroot" type capability as part
of the connect string:

"host:port/app/abc,..."

where the client's session would be rooted at /app/abc rather than /

This is very useful in multi-tenant situations (more than 1 app sharing
a zk cluster).

Patrick

Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Using a string gives us some flexibility. There is an outstanding issue to be able to
pass in a URL: http://aeoueu/oeueue, the idea being that we pull down the content to get the
list of servers and ports.