From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simpler ZooKeeper event interface....
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 21:32:46 GMT
Hi Kevin, a couple of issues I noticed while looking at the pastebin:

1) you are ignoring the result codes in the callbacks, this could get
you into trouble (say you do a getData on a node that has been deleted
ie someone changes then immed. deletes the node)

2) I'm confused by one of your comments, you mention:
   //read the current value.  NOTE that this could easily be a blocking
   //read here but we might as well have one code path.
   zk.getData( event.getPath(), true, this, null );

however you are using an async API call, what blocking are you referring
to? If you are ok w/blocking use the synchronous API, your code would be
simpler (no callbacks!)

3) it's possible for your code to get notified of a change, but never
process the change. This might happen if:
  a) a node changed watch fires
  b) your client code runs an async getData
  c) you are disconnected from the server

Patrick