From "Kevin Burton" <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Sending data during NodeDataChanged or NodeCreated
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 00:39:35 GMT
So if I understand this correctly, if I receive a NodeDataChanged event, and
then attempt do do a read of that node, there's a race condition where the
server could crash and I would be disconnected and my read would hit an
Exception
Or, the ACL could change and I no longer have permission to read the file
(though I did for a short window).

..... now I have to add all this logic to retry.  Are there any other race
conditions I wonder.

Why not just send the byte[] data during the NodeDataChanged or NodeCreated
event from the server?  This would avoid all these issues.

It's almost certainly what the user wants anyway.

Kevin

--
Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: San Francisco, CA