From "Kevin Burton" <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Re: group messaging, empheral nodes on zookeeper
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 17:28:13 GMT

> 1. Group Messaging:
> Is it possible to do group messaging with zookeeper 3.0.1 ?
> If not, are there any plans to add group messaging (say w/ casual ordering
> or even better total ordering) to future releases ?
> What would be the best approach if I need to do group messaging using
> zookeeper right now, should I use a separate group messaging or messaging
> broker service ?

You could just have a node named '/service/foo'

and then have all members in your group listen to this node.  When you need
to push a messages you can write to that node.

Or you could use a directory with ephemeral sequence files, once per
message.

--
Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: San Francisco, CA