From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing statement in DataMonitor example ?
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:46:18 GMT
Hi Hanson, I think that the code is OK in this situation, however the
comment is misleading.

In ZooKeeper version 3 watches are re-registered when the client
reconnects to a server. See this section of the docs:
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.1/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkWatches

Specifically this:

"Watches will not be received while disconnected from a server. When a
client reconnects, any previously registered watches will be
reregistered and triggered if needed."

I have created a jira to improve these docs:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Patrick