From "Krishna Sankar (ksankar)" <ksan...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: 2 Server Cluster !?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:37:24 GMT
Valdimir,

	Good scenario. As Mahadev points out quorum and HA are slightly
different animals. If I am correct, the Quorum also has the correctness
attribute, which needs more than one server - the 2n+1 requirement.

	Looks like what you are looking for is the traditional HA
primitive with an active-active configuration. You might still be able
to use Zookeeper, with leader election and state management, but you
will need at least 3 processes - (at least)one Zookeeper, two server
processes.

Cheers
<k/>
P.S : May be we should capture this pattern in ZooKeeper. (May be we
already have, as I am coming up to speed)