From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Windows port of ZK C api
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:24:51 GMT
If possible please update the poweredby page with some detail:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/PoweredBy
useful for others to see how zk is being used.

Regards,

Patrick

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 12:57 AM, jriepshoff@ujam.com
<jriepshoff@ujam.com> wrote:
> Regarding cygwin (just to let u guys know):
>
> We've built our zookeeper environment 2 month ago and one of the different server types
is (unfortunately) still running on Windows (Server 2008 64 bit) only.
> Zookeeper + cygwin works perfectly for us.
>

> Jan
>

> On Nov 3, 2010, at 5:01 PM, Patrick Hunt wrote:
>
>> Notice that buildbot now has windows 7 support:
>> http://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html
>> also I notice that hudson has windows 2008 server
>> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/computer/windows1/
>>
>> We should see if we can get ZK up on these to help with compatibility
>> testing. Would be nice to catch cygwin as well - note that we support
>> unix/cygwin today (although it's been a while since anyone tried
>> cygwin afaik).
>>
>> Any interest in adding support for cmake? (the benefit of cmake is
>> that it can generate native build environment, VS project for windows,
>> makefiles for unix, etc...)
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Fournier, Camille F. [Tech]
>> <Camille.Fournier@gs.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks Mahadev. We are using those C# bindings but also need native windows C/C++.
Every language all the time!