From Dave Wright <wrig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic adding/removing ZK servers on client
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 19:07:43 GMT

> Yes, that's what I meant - we could update the ZK client lib to do this. It
> would be invisible to the client application (your code) itself.

I don't think that's a bad idea, and the general approach in ZK-146 of
using an interface that gets called to retrieve the list of hosts
seems good (so that you aren't tied to a specific implementation of
hosts lists, be it HTTP or DNS). That said, I don't think the actual
implementation of ZK-146 is a good solution, since it only resolves
the host list once. An implementation that resolved it on each
disconnection would be better but require deeper changes to the
ClientCnxn.

-Dave