From Sergey Doroshenko <dors...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on quorum behavior
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 14:50:58 GMT
In short: it seems leader can treat observers as quorum members.

Steps to repro:

1. I have a following ensemble configuration:
# servers list
server.1=localhost:2881:3881
server.2=localhost:2882:3882
server.3=localhost:2883:3883:observer
server.4=localhost:2884:3884
server.5=localhost:2885:3885:observer

2. I'm bringing up servers 1,2,3 and it's enough for quorum (1 and 2).
3. I'm shutting down the one from the quorum who is the follower.

As I understand, expected result is that leader will start a new election
round so that to regain quorum.
But the real situation is that it just says goodbye to that follower, and is
still operable. (When I'm shutting down 3rd one -- observer -- leader starts
trying to regain a quorum).

Is this a bug, or a feature?

--
Regards, Sergey