From Dave Wright <wrig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic adding/removing ZK servers on client
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 23:40:38 GMT
> Should this be a znode in the privileged namespace?

I think having a znode for the current cluster members is part of the
ZOOKEEPER-107 proposal, with the idea being that you could get/set the
membership just by writing to that node. On the client side, you could
watch that znode and update your server list when it changes. I think
it would be a great solution, but I was thinking the ability to
manually manage the server list would be useful in the interim, or if
ZK-107 takes a different path.

-Dave