From Steve Cheng <steve...@gmail.com>
Subject Tips for setting up Zookeeper in Eclipse
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 22:44:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm usually an emacs user so it took quite a while to setup zookeeper in
Eclipse, but it seems alright now.

I started with the Hadoop tutorial to pull Zookeeper from the svn repo:

http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/04/20/configuring-eclipse-for-hadoop-development-a-screencast/

You need to adjust the build paths though since it assumes src/ is the root
of the package structure.

Right click project, Build path, Configure Build Path

Go to the Source tab, then you need to individually add the dirs under
src/java:

I added them all, but I think you can get away with:

src/java/main
src/java/systest
src/java/test
src/java/generated

Then go to the Libraries tab and Add JARs from the src/java/lib directory
you need jline, junit, log4j.

With this setup I could run ClientTest by right clicking it and "Run as
Junit Test" like in the Hadoop tutorial.

Steven