From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: [VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.2.1 (candidate 0)]]
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 07:34:34 GMT
On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 18:25, Patrick Hunt<phunt@apache.org> wrote:
> The configure script is free license (it's in the header of the file). IANAL
> but based on my understanding of apache license requirements this makes the
> file a "TYPE A" license, as there are no other stated requirements wrt
> notice, we are in compliance.

I'm not saying that the license is incompatible, I am saying that you
need to record third party contributions in the NOTICE file.

See
http://apache.org/licenses/example-NOTICE.txt
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/NOTICE.txt
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/NOTICE.txt
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/NOTICE.txt
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/hbase/trunk/NOTICE.txt
and probably many, many others

  Bernd

PS: I don't think it is particulary nice to close a vote when there
are ongoing discussions.