From "Owen O'Malley" <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: [VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.2.1 (candidate 0)]]
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 17:10:35 GMT

Bernd Fondermann wrote:

> I'm not saying that the license is incompatible, I am saying that you
> need to record third party contributions in the NOTICE file.

The critical reference is:

http://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/Manuals/autoconf-2.53/html_node/Distributing.html#Distributing

In particular, the files generated by autoconf can be distributed
under the same license as the rest of the package. Therefore, although
the files confusing claim to be GPL, they are actually being
distributed under the Apache license. My understanding is that only
used components that have a different license need to be in NOTICE. I
believe this is a non-issue.

-- Owen