From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: [VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.2.1 (candidate 0)]]
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:43:35 GMT
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Well, I'm not guessing any more than you do. :-)

:-)

> I didn't -1, because I've no binding vote anyway on this PMC.
> I just checked out the release and gave feedback, whether it's
> appreciated or not I'm not quite sure.

We take all serious votes seriously.

> Imperative to whom?
>
> Hurrying a release never serves well. Votes at Apache should run for
> at least 72 hrs. It's also convenient to give a timezone and time when
> the vote ends, because EOD might be at different times for different
> people.
> If this is a security fix, however, I think a shorter timeframe is ok.
> But it is not labelled as such.

There is no hurry here. The vote started when my initial email was sent
- specifically "08/28/2009 11:21 AM" and closed on "09/03/2009 03:36
PM", which is greater than the requisite 72 hrs. You make a good point
however, I will include timezone in subsequent emails.

Patirck