From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: [VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.2.1 (candidate 0)]]
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:31:21 GMT
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Looking into svn, I now see this is a generated file, so indeed it
> doesn't need to be recorded in the LICENSE file.

That's correct - this is a generated file.

> One additional question: What would happen if you would distribute
> src/c as it is in SVN, namely without all the files from the tar ball?
> Would that still work for users?

It is only recently (3.2.0) that we started distributing these files as
part of the release archive. Previously we just distributed the *.ac
(etc...) files that we have written which are used to generate the
configure scripts. However users were having problems with this and in
the end we had to start distrib these generated files. AFAIC
distributing the configure script with a release is considered "best
practice".

Patrick