From Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: ACL issue in C client (re 3.1 candidate)
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 02:31:09 GMT
Chris's patch is very simple and it won't be hard to put some tests in. can we plan a bug release
in the next week or two to catch this and any other bugs that might emerge?

ben
From: Patrick Hunt [phunt@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:59 PM
To: zookeeper-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: Chris Darroch
Subject: ACL issue in C client (re 3.1 candidate)

This just came in:

The patch seems to fix the issue, however it's missing tests -- actually
the cppunit tests aren't testing any acl functionality, this (missing
tests) is a major oversight we need to address asap (post 3.1)!

There is a workaround for this issue - use the async version of the
method. Seems that no one ever used this function before (or never
reported it at least) because it's an obvious problem and will always fail.

I'd like to hold off on fixing this until post 3.1 (3.1.0 or 3.2
whichever comes first) where we can also address the testing issue for
acls. There is a workaround -- Chris you ok with that? What do the rest
of you think (vote).

Patrick