From Chris Darroch <chr...@pearsoncmg.com>
Subject Re: ACL issue in C client (re 3.1 candidate)
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 02:11:19 GMT
Patrick Hunt wrote:

> There is a workaround for this issue - use the async version of the
> method. Seems that no one ever used this function before (or never
> reported it at least) because it's an obvious problem and will always fail.
> I'd like to hold off on fixing this until post 3.1 (3.1.0 or 3.2
> whichever comes first) where we can also address the testing issue for
> acls. There is a workaround -- Chris you ok with that? What do the rest
> of you think (vote).

   No question some tests would be good; that said, I'll personally
just continue to use a simple patch because it's a lot easier than
copy-and-pasting the code required to wrap the async version into a
sync one, and my particular current needs require a sync interface.

   If there's a reasonable chance of just sliding that one-liner into
the next release, cool, but I can live without and just recommend
other people patch the source (or do the workaround, I suppose).

GPG Key ID: 366A375B