hadoop-yarn-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sunil G (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (YARN-5731) Preemption does not work in few corner cases when reservations are placed
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 08:52:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-5731?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16081895#comment-16081895
] 

Sunil G commented on YARN-5731:
-------------------------------

Test case failures seems related.
I think since we enable this flag, we might miss one container to preempt. May be we need
to recheck these test cases, thoughts?

> Preemption does not work in few corner cases when reservations are placed
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: YARN-5731
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-5731
>             Project: Hadoop YARN
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: capacity scheduler
>    Affects Versions: 2.8.0
>            Reporter: Sunil G
>            Assignee: Sunil G
>         Attachments: YARN-5731-branch-2.8.001.patch
>
>
> Preemption doesnt kick in under below scenario.
> Two queues A and B each with 50% capacity and 100% maximum capacity and user limit factor
2. Job which is submitted to queueA has taken 95% of resources in cluster. Remaining 5% was
also reserved by same job as demand was still higher.
> Now submit a small job with AM container size is lesser to above mentioned 5%. Job waits
and no preemption is happening.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: yarn-issues-unsubscribe@hadoop.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: yarn-issues-help@hadoop.apache.org


Mime
View raw message