hadoop-yarn-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Akira AJISAKA (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (YARN-2123) Progress bars in Web UI always at 100% due to non-US locale
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 06:39:40 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-2123?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14513613#comment-14513613
] 

Akira AJISAKA commented on YARN-2123:
-------------------------------------

bq. Could you check whether this problem happens against current trunk? 
I checked this problem happened against current trunk (revision 618ba7).

bq. One problem I found is the percentage of the app queue gets NaN - please check an attached
file. Is this related issue?
Probably it's because the used memory was divided by 0 in the following code:
{code:title=FairSchedulerQueueInfo.java}
    fractionMemUsed = (float)usedResources.getMemory() /
        clusterResources.getMemory();
{code}
Would you attach your yarn-site.xml and fair-scheduler.xml?

> Progress bars in Web UI always at 100% due to non-US locale
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: YARN-2123
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-2123
>             Project: Hadoop YARN
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: webapp
>    Affects Versions: 2.3.0
>            Reporter: Johannes Simon
>            Assignee: Akira AJISAKA
>         Attachments: NaN_after_launching_RM.png, YARN-2123-001.patch, YARN-2123-002.patch,
YARN-2123-003.patch, screenshot-noPatch.png, screenshot-patch.png, screenshot.png
>
>
> In our cluster setup, the YARN web UI always shows progress bars at 100% (see screenshot,
progress of the reduce step is roughly at 32.82%). I opened the HTML source code to check
(also see screenshot), and it seems the problem is that it uses a comma as decimal mark, where
most browsers expect a dot for floating-point numbers. This could possibly be due to localized
number formatting being used in the wrong place, which would also explain why this bug is
not always visible.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message