hadoop-yarn-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jian He (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (YARN-2821) Distributed shell app master becomes unresponsive sometimes
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 23:21:33 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-2821?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14201183#comment-14201183
] 

Jian He commented on YARN-2821:
-------------------------------

thanks Varun ! the patch should solve the problem to release extra allocated containers. but
 seems in some cases, we  may still run into the infinite loop.
In finish(), it's checking {{numCompletedContainers.get() != numTotalContainers}}, but numCompletedContainers
could be incremented elsewhere.  e.g. {{onStartContainerError}} will also increase the numCompletedContainers
count. Could the numCompletedContainers go beyond the numTotalContainers in such scenario
also ?

> Distributed shell app master becomes unresponsive sometimes
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: YARN-2821
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-2821
>             Project: Hadoop YARN
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: applications/distributed-shell
>    Affects Versions: 2.5.1
>            Reporter: Varun Vasudev
>            Assignee: Varun Vasudev
>         Attachments: apache-yarn-2821.0.patch
>
>
> We've noticed that once in a while the distributed shell app master becomes unresponsive
and is eventually killed by the RM. snippet of the logs -
> {noformat}
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: appattempt_1415123350094_0017_000001
received 0 previous attempts' running containers on AM registration.
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Requested container ask: Capability[<memory:10,
vCores:1>]Priority[0]
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Requested container ask: Capability[<memory:10,
vCores:1>]Priority[0]
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Requested container ask: Capability[<memory:10,
vCores:1>]Priority[0]
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Requested container ask: Capability[<memory:10,
vCores:1>]Priority[0]
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Requested container ask: Capability[<memory:10,
vCores:1>]Priority[0]
> 14/11/04 18:21:38 INFO impl.AMRMClientImpl: Received new token for : onprem-tez2:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:38 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Got response from RM for container
ask, allocatedCnt=1
> 14/11/04 18:21:38 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell command on
a new container., containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002, containerNode=onprem-tez2:45454,
containerNodeURI=onprem-tez2:50060, containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:38 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up container launch
container for containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: START_CONTAINER
for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : onprem-tez2:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: QUERY_CONTAINER
for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : onprem-tez2:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.AMRMClientImpl: Received new token for : onprem-tez3:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.AMRMClientImpl: Received new token for : onprem-tez4:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Got response from RM for container
ask, allocatedCnt=3
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell command on
a new container., containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000003, containerNode=onprem-tez2:45454,
containerNodeURI=onprem-tez2:50060, containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell command on
a new container., containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000004, containerNode=onprem-tez3:45454,
containerNodeURI=onprem-tez3:50060, containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell command on
a new container., containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000005, containerNode=onprem-tez4:45454,
containerNodeURI=onprem-tez4:50060, containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up container launch
container for containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000003
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up container launch
container for containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000005
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up container launch
container for containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000004
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: START_CONTAINER
for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000005
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: START_CONTAINER
for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000003
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : onprem-tez4:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : onprem-tez2:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: START_CONTAINER
for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000004
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : onprem-tez3:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: QUERY_CONTAINER
for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000005
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : onprem-tez4:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: QUERY_CONTAINER
for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000003
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : onprem-tez2:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: QUERY_CONTAINER
for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000004
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : onprem-tez3:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Got response from RM for container
ask, completedCnt=1
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: appattempt_1415123350094_0017_000001
got container status for containerID=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002, state=COMPLETE,
exitStatus=0, diagnostics=
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Container completed successfully.,
containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Got response from RM for container
ask, allocatedCnt=2
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell command on
a new container., containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000006, containerNode=onprem-tez2:45454,
containerNodeURI=onprem-tez2:50060, containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell command on
a new container., containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000007, containerNode=onprem-tez3:45454,
containerNodeURI=onprem-tez3:50060, containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up container launch
container for containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000007
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up container launch
container for containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000006
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message