hadoop-yarn-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Robert Grandl (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (YARN-1443) blacklist is not propagated from AM to RM
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 23:36:36 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1443?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13832068#comment-13832068
] 

Robert Grandl commented on YARN-1443:
-------------------------------------

I am not sure I fully understand what are you saying. What I did was to force to blacklist
some node in RMContainerRequestor#computeIgnoreBlacklisting. So I saw in RMContainerRequest#makeRemoteRequest
that I have for the ResourceRequest from the ask list, a blackAddition element with the name
of the host I blacklisted. Unfortunately this list is not propagated to RM. 

I am not doing any writing against the protocol API I believe. I simply logged the blacklist
in different files on the path from AM to RM. But this list is populated in computeIgnoreBlacklisting
as default, not doing any fancy things. 



> blacklist is not propagated from AM to RM
> -----------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: YARN-1443
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1443
>             Project: Hadoop YARN
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: api, client
>            Reporter: Robert Grandl
>            Priority: Minor
>
> I was trying to blacklist some nodes. I added a set of hosts as strings into blacklistAdditions
list and propagated into RMContainerRequestor#makeRemoteRequest to the RM. 
> However the blacklist is received empty at RM. I logged the path for blacklist in AM
and I found that in ApplicationMasterProtocolPBClientImpl#allocate, this list is lost. 
> I print request.getResourceBlacklistRequest().getBlacklistAdditions().toString() at the
beginning of ApplicationMasterProtocolPBClientImpl#allocate and the blacklisted additions
are there. 
> After AllocateRequestProto requestProto is created based on this request, and I print
again requestProto.getBlacklistRequest().getBlacklistAdditionsList().toString(), the blacklist
additions is empty now.
> I looked even further and log what happened. At some point in yarn-api, I was lost with
my logging as that code was regenerated every time I recompiled yarn-api. 
> Thanks,
> robert



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.1#6144)

Mime
View raw message