hadoop-yarn-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Thomas Graves (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (YARN-1153) CapacityScheduler queue elasticity is not working
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 13:23:53 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1153?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13760205#comment-13760205
] 

Thomas Graves commented on YARN-1153:
-------------------------------------

what are the rest of your queue settings?  With one user the user limit factor comes into
affect. 

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.1.0-beta/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/CapacityScheduler.html
                
> CapacityScheduler queue elasticity is not working
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: YARN-1153
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1153
>             Project: Hadoop YARN
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Jian He
>
> Configured 2 queues one with 25% capacity and the other with 75% capacity,
> and both has 100% max-capacity.
> Submit only 1 application to whichever queue. Ideally, it should take use of 100% cluster's
resources, but it's not.
> Tested this on single node cluster using DefaultResourceCalculator.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message