hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 RC1
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2017 20:31:07 GMT
Looked at RC1. Went through my usual check-list. Here's my summary.

+1 (binding) overall

Verification
- [Check] Successful recompilation from source tar-ball
- [Check] Signature verification
- [Check] Generating dist tarballs from source tar-ball
- [Check] Validating the layout of the binary tar-ball
- [Check] Testing
   -- Start NN, DN, RM, NM, JHS, Timeline Service
   -- Ran dist-shell example, MR sleep, wordcount, randomwriter, sort, grep, pi
   -- Tested CLIs to print nodes, apps etc and also navigated UIs

Few issues as before found during testing, but shouldn't be blockers
 - The previously supported way of being able to use different tar-balls for different sub-modules
is completely broken - common and HDFS tar.gz are completely empty. Will file a ticket.
 - resourcemanager-metrics.out is going into current directory instead of log directory. Will
file a ticket.

One thing I want to make sure folks agree to. Allen filed a ticket to remove yarn-historyserver
option per our previous discussion - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-7588 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-7588>.
It isn't done - I am hoping this 'incompatible change' can be put in 3.0.1 and not 4.0.

Thanks
+Vinod