hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Sunil G <sun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache YARN Committers & Contributors Meetup #5
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2017 19:08:32 GMT
Hi All,

Bangalore Hadoop Meetup was recently conducted @Microsoft campus on Dec 8th
almost in line with YARN Contributors Meetup @CA. Many thanks to Newton
from MS for organizing this quickly.

Quick Update about this:
1. We had *150*+ participants for this event which was one of the best
turnout for Hadoop specific meetup in recent times.
2. There were 5 talks in total and majority of the talks were on YARN
(scale/GPU etc). Also shared meetup link below for detailed schedule.
3. We were happy to see a excellent turn out from all Hadoop/YARN
committers and contributors @Bangalore for this event.
4. Discussed majorly about upcoming Hadoop 3.0 and next major releases in
same line. Lot of interests on Resource types / GPU scheduling / EC etc and
also doubts about rolling upgrade to Hadoop 3.

Meetup Link: (Slides and Videos will be shared in same link shortly)
http://meetup.com/Bangalore-Hadoop-Meetups/events/245123037/

Thanks once again to all folks who joined. We will plan a Bug Bash in same
timeline when Meetup #5 is going to happen at CA.

Warm Regards,
Sunil G