hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 RC0
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 06:11:20 GMT
On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Sangjin Lee <sjlee@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 9:46 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the spot Sangjin. I think this bug introduced in
>> create-release by HADOOP-14835. The multi-pass maven build generates these
>> dummy client jars during the site build since skipShade is specified.
>>
>> This might be enough to cancel the RC. Thoughts?
>>

> IMO yes. This was one of the key features mentioned in the 3.0 release
> notes. I appreciate your effort for the release Andrew!

Yea, I was leaning that way too. Let's cancel this RC. I hope to have a new
RC up tomorrow. With the upcoming holidays, we'll probably have to extend
the vote until mid-next week.

I'm also worried about the "mvn deploy" step since I thought it was safe to
specify skipShade there too. I'll check that as well.

Best,
Andrew