hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Merge yarn-native-services branch into trunk
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 02:39:03 GMT
Cool to have this feature! Thanks Jian and all.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli [mailto:vinodkv@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 7:20 AM
To: Jian He <jhe@hortonworks.com>
Cc: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org; common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; Hdfs-dev <hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>;
mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Merge yarn-native-services branch into trunk

Congratulations to all the contributors involved, this is a great step forward!

+Vinod

> On Nov 6, 2017, at 2:40 PM, Jian He <jhe@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Okay, I just merged the branch to trunk (108 commits in total !)
> Again, thanks for all who contributed to this feature!
>
> Jian
>
> On Nov 6, 2017, at 1:26 PM, Jian He <jhe@hortonworks.com<mailto:jhe@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

> Here’s +1 from myself.
> The vote passes with 7 (+1) bindings and 2 (+1) non-bindings.
>
> Thanks for all who voted. I’ll merge to trunk by the end of today.
>
> Jian
>
> On Nov 6, 2017, at 8:38 AM, Billie Rinaldi <billie.rinaldi@gmail.com<mailto:billie.rinaldi@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Jian He <jhe@hortonworks.com<mailto:jhe@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to restart the vote for merging yarn-native-services to trunk.
> Since last vote, we have been working on several issues in documentation, DNS, CLI modifications
etc. We believe now the feature is in a much better shape.

> Some back ground:
> At a high level, the following are the key feautres implemented.
> - YARN-5079[1]. A native YARN framework (ApplicationMaster) to orchestrate existing services
to YARN either docker or non-docker based.
> - YARN-4793[2]. A Rest API service embeded in RM (optional)  for user
> to deploy a service via a simple JSON spec
> - YARN-4757[3]. Extending today's service registry with a simple DNS
> service to enable users to discover services deployed on YARN via
> standard DNS lookup
> - YARN-6419[4]. UI support for native-services on the new YARN UI All
> these new services are optional and are sitting outside of the existing system, and have
no impact on existing system if disabled.

> Special thanks to a team of folks who worked hard towards this: Billie Rinaldi, Gour
Saha, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli, Jonathan Maron, Rohith Sharma K S, Sunil G, Akhil PB, Eric
Yang. This effort could not be possible without their ideas and hard work.