hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Merging HDFS-7240 Object Store (Ozone) to trunk
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2017 11:49:40 GMT

Wow, big piece of work

1. Where is a PR/branch on github with rendered docs for us to look at?
2. Have you made any public APi changes related to object stores? That's probably something
I'll have opinions on more than implementation details.

thanks

> On 19 Oct 2017, at 02:54, Yang Weiwei <cheersyang@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>

> I would like to start this thread to discuss merging Ozone (HDFS-7240) to trunk. This
feature implements an object store which can co-exist with HDFS. Ozone is disabled by default.
We have tested Ozone with cluster sizes varying from 1 to 100 data nodes.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Dev+cluster+with+docker.

> We have built a passionate and diverse community to drive this feature development. As
a team, we have achieved significant progress in past 3 years since first JIRA for HDFS-7240
was opened on Oct 2014. So far, we have resolved almost 400 JIRAs by 20+ contributors/committers
from different countries and affiliations. We also want to thank the large number of community
members who were supportive of our efforts and contributed ideas and participated in the design
of ozone.