hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Heads up: branch-3.0 has been cut, commit here for 3.0.0-beta1
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 19:02:08 GMT
Hi folks,

I've proceeded with the plan from our earlier thread and cut branch-3.0.
The branches and maven versions are now set as follows:

trunk: 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT
branch-3.0: 3.0.0-beta1-SNAPSHOT

branch-2's are still the same.

This means if you want to commit something for beta1, commit it to
branch-3.0 too. Excepting features already committed for beta1 (e.g. EC,
native services, S3Guard, TSv2, YARN federation), please treat branch-3.0
the same as a maintenance release branch.

I'm planning to cut the release branch branch-3.0.0-beta1 just before RC.
If you have anything we pushed out of 3.0.0-beta1 and is waiting for 3.0.0
GA, please hold it in trunk until after we release 3.0.0-beta1 (which
should be relatively soon).

Best,
Andrew