hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Mingliang Liu <lium...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 (RC0)
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 01:39:51 GMT
Thanks Junping for doing this!

+1 (non-binding)

- Download the hadoop-2.8.2-src.tar.gz file and checked the md5 value
- Build package using maven (skipping tests) with Java 8
- Spin up a test cluster in Docker containers having 1 master node (NN/RM) and 3 slave nodes
(DN/NM)
- Operate the basic HDFS/YARN operations from command line, both client and admin
- Check NN/RM Web UI
- Run distcp to copy files from/to local and HDFS
- Run hadoop mapreduce examples: grep and wordcount
- Check the HDFS service logs

All looked good to me.

Mingliang

> On Sep 10, 2017, at 5:00 PM, Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>     With fix of HADOOP-14842 get in, I've created our first release candidate (RC0) for
Apache Hadoop 2.8.2.

>     Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 is the first stable release of Hadoop 2.8 line and will be the
latest stable/production release for Apache Hadoop - it includes 305 new fixed issues since
2.8.1 and 63 fixes are marked as blocker/critical issues.