hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 (RC0)
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 18:45:32 GMT
Thanks Mikols for notifying on this. I think docker support is general known as alpha feature
so document it as experimental is nice to have but not a blocker for 2.8.2. I also noticed
that our 2.7.x document (https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.4/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/DockerContainerExecutor.html)
without mentioning docker support is experimental. We may need to fix that as well in following
releases.

I can also add it (mentioning docker container support feature is experimental) to release
message in public website just like previous release we call 2.7.0/2.8.0 as non-production
release.

I think vote should continue until we could find a real blocker.

Thanks,

Junping

________________________________
From: Miklos Szegedi <miklos.szegedi@cloudera.com>
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 10:07 AM
To: Mingliang Liu
Cc: Hadoop Common; Hdfs-dev; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
junping_du; Junping Du
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 (RC0)

Hello Junping,

Thank you for working on this. Should not YARN-6622 be addressed first? "Summary: Document
Docker work as experimental".

Thank you,
Miklos

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Mingliang Liu <liuml07@gmail.com<mailto:liuml07@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Thanks Junping for doing this!

+1 (non-binding)

- Download the hadoop-2.8.2-src.tar.gz file and checked the md5 value
- Build package using maven (skipping tests) with Java 8
- Spin up a test cluster in Docker containers having 1 master node (NN/RM) and 3 slave nodes
(DN/NM)
- Operate the basic HDFS/YARN operations from command line, both client and admin
- Check NN/RM Web UI
- Run distcp to copy files from/to local and HDFS
- Run hadoop mapreduce examples: grep and wordcount
- Check the HDFS service logs

All looked good to me.

Mingliang

> On Sep 10, 2017, at 5:00 PM, Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com<mailto:jdu@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>     With fix of HADOOP-14842 get in, I've created our first release candidate (RC0) for
Apache Hadoop 2.8.2.

>     Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 is the first stable release of Hadoop 2.8 line and will be the
latest stable/production release for Apache Hadoop - it includes 305 new fixed issues since
2.8.1 and 63 fixes are marked as blocker/critical issues.

at: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1062