hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 Release Plan
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2017 07:35:25 GMT
Thanks Brahma for comment on this thread. To be clear, I always update branch version just
before RC kicking off.

For 2.8.2 release, I don't have plan to involve big top or other third-party test tools. As
always, we will rely on test/verify efforts from community especially from large deployed
production cluster - as far as I know,  there are already several companies. like: Yahoo!,
Alibaba, etc. already deploy 2.8 release in large production clusters for months which give
me more confidence on 2.8.2.

Here is more update on 2.8.2 release:

Blocker issues:

    -  A new blocker YARN-7076 get reported and fixed by Jian He through last weekend.

    -  Another new blocker - HADOOP-14814 get identified from my latest jdiff run against
2.7.4. The simple fix on an incompatible API change should get commit soon.

Critical issues:

    -  YARN-7083 already get committed. Thanks Jason for reporting the issue and delivering
the fix.

    -  YARN-6091 get push out from 2.8.2 as issue is not a regression and pending for a while.

    -  Daryn is actively working on HADOOP-9747 for a while, and the patch are getting close
to be committed. However, according to Daryn, the patch seems to cause some regression in
some corner cases in secured environment (Storm auto tgt, etc.). May need some additional
watch/review on this JIRA's fixes.

My monitoring JACC report between 2.8.2 and 2.7.4 will get finish tomorrow. If everything
is going smoothly, I am planning to kick off RC0 around holiday (this weekend).

Thanks,

​Junping