hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 Release Plan
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 06:44:02 GMT
Hello community,
    Here is a quick update on status for 2.8.2:
    - We are 0 blockers now!
    - Still 9 critical issues, 8 of them are Patch Available and with actively working.
    For details of pending blocker/critical issues, please refer: https://s.apache.org/JM5x

    I am planning to cut off first RC in week of Aug. 21st to give these critical issues a
bit more time (~2 weeks) to get fixed. Let's working towards first production GA release of
Apache Hadoop 2.8 - let me know if you have any thoughts or comments.

Cheers,

Junping
From: Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com>
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 1:41 PM
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re:

I have done the change.

All committers,

      2.8.2 release is supposed to be a stable/production release for branch-2.8. For commits
to go for 2.8.2 release (only important and low risk bug fixes), please commit to trunk, branch-2,
branch-2.8 and branch-2.8.2. For unimportant or high risk bug fixes/improvements, please commit
to branch-2.8 (trunk/branch-2) only and mark JIRA fixed as 2.8.3. Thanks for your cooperation!

Thanks,

Junping