hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 Release Plan
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 18:23:46 GMT
Thanks for suggestions, Jason and Kihwal!
+1 on releasing 2.8.2 on latest branch-2.8 too. Practically, if branch-2.8.2 cannot be abandoned/replaced
(suspect all branches are read-only now), I will manually merge all commits that not landed
on 2.8.2 yet.

Thanks,

Junping
From: Jason Lowe <jlowe@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 8:17 AM
To: Kihwal Lee; Junping Du; common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 Release Plan

+1 to base the 2.8.2 release off of the more recent activity on branch-2.8.  Because branch-2.8.2
was cut so long ago it is missing a lot of fixes that are in branch-2.8.  There also are a
lot of JIRAs that claim they are fixed in 2.8.2 but are not in branch-2.8.2.  Having the 2.8.2
release be based on recent activity in branch-2.8 would solve both of these issues, and we'd
only need to move the handful of JIRAs that have marked themselves correctly as fixed in 2.8.3
to be fixed in 2.8.2.

Jason