hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Payne <erichadoo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0-alpha4-RC0
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 20:33:43 GMT
Thanks Andrew.
I downloaded the source, built it, and installed it onto a pseudo distributed 4-node cluster.

I ran mapred and streaming test cases, including sleep and wordcount.
+1 (non-binding)
-Eric

      From: Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
 To: "common-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org"
<hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org>;
"yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
 Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:41 PM
 Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0-alpha4-RC0

Hi all,

As always, thanks to the many, many contributors who helped with this
release! I've prepared an RC0 for 3.0.0-alpha4:

http://home.apache.org/~wang/3.0.0-alpha4-RC0/

The standard 5-day vote would run until midnight on Tuesday, July 4th.
Given that July 4th is a holiday in the US, I expect this vote might have
to be extended, but I'd like to close the vote relatively soon after.

I've done my traditional testing of a pseudo-distributed cluster with a
single task pi job, which was successful.

Normally my testing would end there, but I'm slightly more confident this
time. At Cloudera, we've successfully packaged and deployed a snapshot from
a few days ago, and run basic smoke tests. Some bugs found from this
include HDFS-11956, which fixes backwards compat with Hadoop 2 clients, and
the revert of HDFS-11696, which broke NN QJM HA setup.

Vijay is working on a test run with a fuller test suite (the results of
which we can hopefully post soon).

My +1 to start,

Best,
Andrew