hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Akira Ajisaka <aajis...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About 2.7.4 Release
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 07:47:25 GMT
Thanks Allen for the additional information.

 > At one point, JIRA was configured to refuse re-opening after a
release is cut.

In the past, release manager closed the tickets and the process is
written in the wiki: https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease

 > 10. In JIRA, close issues resolved in the release. Disable mail
notifications for this bulk change.

Therefore, let's close them.

On 2017/04/27 3:01, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

>> On Apr 25, 2017, at 12:35 AM, Akira Ajisaka <aajisaka@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Maybe we should create a jira to track this?
>>
>> I think now either way (reopen or create) is fine.
>>
>> Release doc maker creates change logs by fetching information from JIRA, so reopening
the tickets should be avoided when a release process is in progress.

> 	Keep in mind that the release documentation is part of the build process.  Users who
are doing their own builds will have incomplete documentation if we keep re-opening JIRAs
after a release.  At one point, JIRA was configured to refuse re-opening after a release is
cut.  I'm not sure why it stopped doing that, but it might be time to see if we can re-enable
that functionality.