hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Apache Hadoop 2.8.1 Release Plan
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 18:44:29 GMT
I just cut off branch-2.8.1 from branch-2.8 for 2.8.1 release. So from now, all patch target
for 2.8.1 need to be checked into branch-2.8.1 in addition to branch-2.8.

Thanks,

Junping
From: Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com>
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2017 1:41 PM
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Apache Hadoop 2.8.1 Release Plan

Hi all,
   We just released Apache Hadoop 2.8.0 recently [1] but it is not for production yet due
to some issues identified. Now, we should work towards 2.8.1 release which aim for production
deployment. The focus obviously is to fix blocker/critical issues [2], bug-fixes and *no*
features / improvements.

   I plan to cut an RC in a month - target for releasing at mid of May, to give enough time
for outstanding blocker / critical issues. Will start moving out any tickets that are not
blockers and/or won't fit the timeline - there are 2 blockers and 9 critical tickets outstanding
as of now. For progress of releasing effort, please refer our release wiki [3].

   Please share thoughts if you have any. Thanks!

Thanks,

Junping

[1] 2.8.0 release announcement: http://www.mail-archive.com/general@hadoop.apache.org/msg07443.html
[2] 2.8.1 release Blockers/Criticals: https://s.apache.org/KGxC