hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.0 (RC2)
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2017 19:15:04 GMT
Thanks for taking the mantle from me on 2.8.0 and some persistent work getting 2.8.0 out the
door, Junping!

Apologies for bringing this up late, but I’d like to add one comment.

We should repeat what we did for 2.7.0 and In line with our experience there, we should annotate
this release as not ready for production use. See the releases page - http://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html#25+August%2C+2016%3A+Release+2.7.3+available
for our messaging on 2.7.0.

The expectation is that more downstream projects pick up the bits, iron out any incompatibilities
we might have missed, and production users then pick up a solid 2.8.1.

Thanks
+Vinod

> On Mar 14, 2017, at 1:41 AM, Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>     With several important fixes get merged last week, I've created a new release candidate
(RC2) for Apache Hadoop 2.8.0.

>     This is the next minor release to follow up 2.7.0 which has been released for more
than 1 year. It comprises 2,919 fixes, improvements, and new features. Most of these commits
are released for the first time in branch-2.

>      More information about the 2.8.0 release plan can be found here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+2.8+Release
>
>      Please note that RC0 and RC1 are not voted public because significant issues are
found just after RC tag getting published.