hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Mingliang Liu <lium...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.0 (RC3)
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 22:49:06 GMT
Thanks Junping for doing this.

+1 (non-binding)

0. Download the src tar.gz file; checked the MD5 checksum
1. Build Hadoop from source successfully
2. Deploy a single node cluster and start the cluster successfully
3. Operate the HDFS from command line: ls, put, distcp, dfsadmin etc
4. Run hadoop mapreduce examples: grep
5. Operate AWS S3 using S3A schema from commandline: ls, cat, distcp
6. Check the HDFS service logs

> On Mar 17, 2017, at 2:18 AM, Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>     With fix of HDFS-11431 get in, I've created a new release candidate (RC3) for Apache
Hadoop 2.8.0.

>     This is the next minor release to follow up 2.7.0 which has been released for more
than 1 year. It comprises 2,900+ fixes, improvements, and new features. Most of these commits
are released for the first time in branch-2.