hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.0 (RC3)
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:18:24 GMT
?Thanks for update, John. Then we should be OK with fixing this issue in 2.8.1.

Mark the target version of HADOOP-14205 to 2.8.1 instead of 2.8.0 and bump up to blocker in
case we could miss this in releasing 2.8.1. :)

Thanks,

Junping

________________________________
From: John Zhuge <jzhuge@cloudera.com>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 10:31 AM
To: Junping Du
Cc: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.0 (RC3)

Yes, it only affects ADL. There is a workaround of adding these 2 properties to core-site.xml:

  <property>
    <name>fs.adl.impl</name>
    <value>org.apache.hadoop.fs.adl.AdlFileSystem</value>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>fs.AbstractFileSystem.adl.impl</name>
    <value>org.apache.hadoop.fs.adl.Adl</value>
  </property>

I have the initial patch ready but hitting these live unit test failures:

Failed tests:
  TestAdlFileSystemContractLive.runTest:60->FileSystemContractBaseTest.testListStatus:257
expected:<1> but was:<10>

Tests in error:
  TestAdlFileContextMainOperationsLive>FileContextMainOperationsBaseTest.testMkdirsFailsForSubdirectoryOfExistingFile:254
» AccessControl
  TestAdlFileSystemContractLive.runTest:60->FileSystemContractBaseTest.testMkdirsFailsForSubdirectoryOfExistingFile:190
» AccessControl

Stay tuned...

John Zhuge
Software Engineer, Cloudera