hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.0 (RC2)
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2017 00:36:22 GMT
Thanks Andrew for reporting the issue. This JIRA is out of my radar as it? didn't specify any
target version before.

>From my understanding, this issue is related to our previous improvements with separating
client and server jars in HDFS-6200. If we use the new "client" jar in NN HA deployment, then
we will hit the issue reported.

I can see two options here:

- Without any change in 2.8.0, if user hit the issue when they deploy HA cluster by using
new client jar, adding back hdfs jar just like how things work previously

- Make the change now in 2.8.0, either moving ConfiguredFailoverProxyProvider to client jar
or adding dependency between client jar and server jar. There must be some arguments there
on which way to fix is better especially ConfiguredFailoverProxyProvider still has some sever
side dependencies.

I would prefer the first option, given:

- The issue fixing time is unpredictable as there are still discussion on how to fix this
issue. Our 2.8.0 release shouldn't be an endless journey which has been deferred several times
for more serious issue.

- We have workaround for this improvement, no regression happens due to this issue. People
can still use hdfs jar in old way. The worst case is improvement for HDFS doesn't work in
some cases - that shouldn't block the whole release.

I think we should let vote keep going unless someone have more concerns which I could miss.

Thanks,

Junping