hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 00:19:56 GMT
I've branched branch-3.0.0-alpha2 and moved out the target versions except
for our last blocker to a new 3.0.0-alpha3 version.

Business can continue as usual, please just set target/fix versions of
3.0.0-alpha3 now instead of 3.0.0-alpha2.

Thanks,
Andrew

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> Heads up that I'm branching for 3.0.0-alpha2 and moving out targets
> versions. We're waiting on one last blocker which is in final stages of
> review.
>
> Best,
> Andrew
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Thanks to the hard work of many contributors, we've been steadily burning
>> down alpha2 blockers. There are only 4 remaining, three of which are PA and
>> likely to be committed shortly.
>>
>> Once those three go in (hopefully this week), I'm going to cut the alpha2
>> branch and wait for that last blocker. Normal development activity can
>> continue on trunk and branch-2, and doesn't need to be committed to the
>> alpha2 branch.
>>
>> Since we still have some significant code to wrap up (Tomcat->Jetty
>> conversion, EC work, rolling upgrade compatibility), it's likely there will
>> also be an alpha3 before we freeze for beta1. I've updated the Hadoop 3
>> wiki page [1] to reflect this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew
>>
>> [1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hado
>> op+3.0.0+release
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> It's been a month since 3.0.0-alpha1, and we've been incorporating fixes
>>> based on downstream feedback. Thus, it's getting to be time for
>>> 3.0.0-alpha2. I'm using this JIRA query to track open issues:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(H
>>> ADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%20%22Target%
>>> 20Version%2Fs%22%20in%20(3.0.0-alpha2%2C%203.0.0-beta1%2C%
>>> 202.8.0)%20AND%20statusCategory%20not%20in%20(Complete)%
>>> 20ORDER%20BY%20priority
>>>
>>> If alpha2 goes well, we can declare feature freeze, cut branch-3, and
>>> move onto beta1. My plan for the 3.0.0 release timeline looks like this:
>>>
>>> * alpha2 in early November
>>> * beta1 in early Jan
>>> * GA in early March
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate everyone's help in resolving blocker and critical issues
>>> on the above JIRA search.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Andrew
>>>
>>
>>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message