hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Akira Ajisaka <aajis...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 06:30:03 GMT
Thanks Sangjin for finding this.

 > It looks like hadoop-cloud-storage-project was missed in the version set?

Yes. Probably this is because

   <module>hadoop-cloud-storage-project</module>

is missing in pom.xml so `mvn versions:set` did not work for the 
project. Filed HADOOP-14004 for fixing this.

Regards,
Akira

On 2017/01/20 14:09, Sangjin Lee wrote:
> It looks like hadoop-cloud-storage-project was missed in the version set?
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've branched branch-3.0.0-alpha2 and moved out the target versions except
>> for our last blocker to a new 3.0.0-alpha3 version.
>>
>> Business can continue as usual, please just set target/fix versions of
>> 3.0.0-alpha3 now instead of 3.0.0-alpha2.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Heads up that I'm branching for 3.0.0-alpha2 and moving out targets
>>> versions. We're waiting on one last blocker which is in final stages of
>>> review.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Andrew
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi folks,
>>>>
>>>> Thanks to the hard work of many contributors, we've been steadily
>> burning
>>>> down alpha2 blockers. There are only 4 remaining, three of which are PA
>> and
>>>> likely to be committed shortly.
>>>>
>>>> Once those three go in (hopefully this week), I'm going to cut the
>> alpha2
>>>> branch and wait for that last blocker. Normal development activity can
>>>> continue on trunk and branch-2, and doesn't need to be committed to the
>>>> alpha2 branch.
>>>>
>>>> Since we still have some significant code to wrap up (Tomcat->Jetty
>>>> conversion, EC work, rolling upgrade compatibility), it's likely there
>> will
>>>> also be an alpha3 before we freeze for beta1. I've updated the Hadoop 3
>>>> wiki page [1] to reflect this.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Andrew
>>>>
>>>> [1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hado
>>>> op+3.0.0+release
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi folks,
>>>>>
>>>>> It's been a month since 3.0.0-alpha1, and we've been incorporating
>> fixes
>>>>> based on downstream feedback. Thus, it's getting to be time for
>>>>> 3.0.0-alpha2. I'm using this JIRA query to track open issues:
>>>>>
>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(H
>>>>> ADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%20%22Target%
>>>>> 20Version%2Fs%22%20in%20(3.0.0-alpha2%2C%203.0.0-beta1%2C%
>>>>> 202.8.0)%20AND%20statusCategory%20not%20in%20(Complete)%
>>>>> 20ORDER%20BY%20priority
>>>>>
>>>>> If alpha2 goes well, we can declare feature freeze, cut branch-3, and
>>>>> move onto beta1. My plan for the 3.0.0 release timeline looks like
>> this:
>>>>>
>>>>> * alpha2 in early November
>>>>> * beta1 in early Jan
>>>>> * GA in early March
>>>>>
>>>>> I'd appreciate everyone's help in resolving blocker and critical issues
>>>>> on the above JIRA search.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Andrew
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: yarn-dev-unsubscribe@hadoop.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: yarn-dev-help@hadoop.apache.org


Mime
View raw message