hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Akira Ajisaka <aajis...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC0)
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2016 09:58:46 GMT
-0 (binding)

- Downloaded source tarball and binary tarball
- Verified signatures and checksums
- Compiled successfully with both JDK6 and JDK7
- Compiled and built a single node cluster
- Compiled Hive 1.2.1 and Tez 0.7.1/0.8.4 using Hadoop 2.6.5 pom
successfully
- Ran some Hive on Tez/MRv2 queries successfully

As John and Brahma noticed, there are some missing entries in
CHANGES.txt. When upgrading to 2.6.5, most of admins look at the change
logs and see what bugs are fixed. Therefore I'm thinking the change logs
are important and they should be fixed.

Thanks,
Akira