hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Wangda Tan <wheele...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Merge YARN-3368 (new web UI) to trunk
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 22:53:38 GMT
YARN Devs,

We propose to merge YARN-3368 (YARN next generation web UI) development
branch into trunk for better development, would like to hear your thoughts
before sending out vote mail.

The new UI will co-exist with the old YARN UI, by default it is disabled.
Please refer to User documentation of the new YARN UI
<https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/YARN-3368/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/src/site/markdown/YarnUI2.md>
for
more details.

In addition, There’re two working-in-progress features need the new UI to
be merged to trunk for further development.

  1) UI of YARN Timeline Server v2 (YARN-2928)
  2) UI of YARN ResourceManager Federation (YARN-2915).

*Status of YARN next generation web UI*

Completed features

   - Cluster Overview Page
   - Scheduler page
   - Applications / Application / Application-attempts pages
   - Nodes / Node page

Integration to YARN

   - Hosts new web UI in RM
   - Integrates to maven build / package

Miscs:

   - Added dependencies to LICENSE.txt/NOTICE.txt
   - Documented how to use it. (In hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-
   yarn-site/src/site/markdown/YarnUI2.md)

Major items will finish on trunk:

   - Security support

We have run the new UI in our internal cluster for more than 3 months, lots
of people have tried the new UI and gave lots of valuable feedbacks and
reported suggestions / issues to us. We fixed many of them so now we
believe it is more ready for wider folks to try.

Merge JIRA for Jenkins is: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-4734.
The latest Jenkins run
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-4734?focusedCommentId=15620808&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15620808>
gave
+1.

The vote will run for 7 days, ending Sun, 11/06/2016. Please feel free to
comment if you have any questions/doubts. I'll start with my +1 (binding).

Please share your thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Wangda