hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Merge YARN-3368 to trunk
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 21:01:12 GMT

> On Sep 22, 2016, at 1:24 PM, Wangda Tan <wheeleast@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually I'm not trying to debate about if it is necessary to make the UI project following
Hadoop's rules. The answer is always yes to me: we should follow Hadoop's guide for any of
sub project. We're trying to make it follow Hadoop code style for the new sub project. For
example, we use the same indent rules (2 spaces) in all JS files.

> But what I want to discuss is, does these files violate existing Hadoop code style guide?
I'm not be able to find rules states that dot-files or files which are used by developing
purpose should not be added to source tree. Could you please share the link to the guide.

	We're talking past each other.

	If these files enforce the style guidelines, then pick one:
		* move to the root of the source tree

	If they don't enforce the style guidelines, then pick one:
		* remove

		or

		* fix so they do and then moved to the root of the source tree

> I will file a Yetus issue later, hopefully it should be a pretty simple change. Could
we enable profile for only specific Hadoop branch?

	Nope.  It's all or nothing.