hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject [VOTE] Merge HADOOP-13341
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 13:44:56 GMT

	I’d like to call for a vote to run for 5 days (ending  Mon 12, 2016 at 7AM PT) to merge
the HADOOP-13341 feature branch into trunk. This branch was developed exclusively by me.
As usual with large shell script changes, it's been broken up into several smaller commits
to make it easier to read.  The core of the functionality is almost entirely in hadoop-functions.sh
with the majority of the rest of the new additions either being documentation or test code.
In addition, large swaths of code is removed from the hadoop, hdfs, mapred, and yarn executables.

	Here's a quick summary:

* makes the rules around _OPTS consistent across all the projects
* makes it possible to provide custom _OPTS for every hadoop, hdfs, mapred, and yarn subcommand
* with the exception of deprecations, removes all of the custom daemon _OPTS handling sprinkled
around the hadoop, hdfs, mapred, and yarn subcommands
* removes the custom handling handling of HADOOP_CLIENT_OPTS and makes it consistent for non-daemon
subcommands
* makes the _USER blocker consistent with _OPTS as well as providing better documentation
around this feature's existence.  Note that this is an incompatible change against -alpha1.
* by consolidating all of this code, makes it possible to finally fix a good chunk of the
"directory name containing spaces blows up the bash code" problems that's been around since
the beginning of the project

	Thanks!