hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Badger <ebad...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0-alpha1 RC0
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 21:06:52 GMT
I don't know why my email client keeps getting rid of all of my spacing. Resending the same
email so that it is actually legible...

All on OSX 10.11.6:
- Verified the hashes. However, Andrew, I don't know where to find your public key, so I wasn't
able to verify that they were signed by you.
- Built from source
- Deployed a pseudo-distributed clusterRan a few sample jobs
- Poked around the RM UI
- Poked around the attached website locally via the tarball

I did find one odd thing, though. It could be a misconfiguration on my system, but I've never
had this problem before with other releases (though I deal almost exclusively in 2.x and so
I imagine things might be different). When I run a sleep job, I do not see any diagnostics/logs/counters
printed out by the client. Initially I ran the job like I would on 2.7 and it failed (because
I had not set yarn.app.mapreduce.am.env and mapreduce.admin.user.env), but I didn't see anything
until I looked at the RM UI. There I was able to see all of the logs for the failed job and
diagnose the issue. Then, once I fixed my parameters and ran the job again, I still didn't
see any diagnostics/logs/counters.

ebadger@foo: env | grep HADOOP
HADOOP_HOME=/Users/ebadger/Downloads/hadoop-3.0.0-alpha1-src/hadoop-dist/target/hadoop-3.0.0-alpha1/
HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/Users/ebadger/conf
ebadger@foo: $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar $HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-3.0.0-alpha1-tests.jar
sleep -Dyarn.app.mapreduce.am.env="HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME=$HADOOP_HOME" -Dmapreduce.admin.user.env="HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME=$HADOOP_HOME"
-mt 1 -rt 1 -m 1 -r 1
WARNING: log4j.properties is not found. HADOOP_CONF_DIR may be incomplete.
ebadger@foo:

After running the above command, the RM UI showed a successful job, but as you can see, I
did not have anything printed onto the command line. Hopefully this is just a misconfiguration
on my part, but I figured that I would point it out just in case.

Thanks,

Eric