hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Apache MSDN Offer is Back
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 19:14:45 GMT
That definitely was possible under the old deal.  You could go through the MSDN site and download
an iso for various versions of Windows and run it under VirtualBox.  The MSDN site also would
furnish a license key that you could use to activate the machine.

I haven't yet gone through this new process to see if anything has changed in the benefits.

--Chris Nauroth

From: Ravi Prakash <ravihadoop@gmail.com<mailto:ravihadoop@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 12:04 PM
To: Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com<mailto:cnauroth@hortonworks.com>>
Cc: "common-dev@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>" <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>>,
"hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>" <hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>>,
"yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org>" <yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org>>,
"mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org>" <mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Apache MSDN Offer is Back

Thanks Chris!

I did avail of the offer a few months ago, and wasn't able to figure out if a windows license
was also available. I want to run windows inside a virtual machine on my Linux laptop, for
the rare cases that there are patches that may affect that. Any clue if that is possible?

Thanks
Ravi

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Chris Nauroth <cnauroth@hortonworks.com<mailto:cnauroth@hortonworks.com>>