hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 21:15:47 GMT
On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Karthik Kambatla <kasha@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> IIRR, the vote is on source artifacts and binaries are for convenience.
>
> Let me refine this statement a bit. Both the binary tarball and the JARs
we publish to Maven are still official release artifacts. This is why we
need L&Ns for them. Else, we shouldn't be distributing them.

In any case, it's up to the PMC to decide what is a valid release, via lazy
majority voting on this thread. I personally don't feel that strongly about
the native code, since I think it needs to be compiled per-distro anyway.