hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] The order of classpath isolation work and updating/shading dependencies on trunk
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2016 00:15:36 GMT

But if I don't use ApplicationClassLoader, my java app is basically screwed then, right?

Also:  right now, the non-Linux and/or non-x86 platforms have to supply their own leveldbjni
jar (or at least the C level library?) in order to make YARN even functional.  How is that
going to work with the class path manipulation?

> On Jul 22, 2016, at 9:57 AM, Sangjin Lee <sjlee@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The work on HADOOP-13070 and the ApplicationClassLoader are generic and go beyond YARN.
It can be used in any JVM that uses hadoop. The current use cases are MR containers, hadoop's
RunJar (as in "hadoop jar"), and the YARN node manager auxiliary services. I'm not sure if
that's what you were asking, but I hope it helps.